The Second Career Ontario program is now called Better Jobs Ontario. A program expanded to better help more people train for a new job! Receive financial help up to $28,000, or more in some cases, to pay for:
- » Tuition
- » Living Expenses
- » Help caring for dependents
- » Travel
- » Transportation
- » Disability supports
- » Other living and training costs
- » Books
Those who qualify may have some or all the above costs covered within the Second Career Ontario program, now called Better Jobs Ontario. In order to find out if you qualify for Better Jobs Ontario or any other government funding, all candidates must visit a Employment Ontario assessment centre for an assessment interview. If you know which school you wish to attend, or have a career in mind, search for a nearby school now!
START TRAINING FOR A BETTER JOB!
Open yourself up to new opportunities by getting trained for a new career! Check out all the ways in which Second Career Ontario / Better Jobs Ontario can make your future something to smile about:
- Laid-off due to COVID-19: A fast-track stream is available if you were laid-off because of COVID-19 and want to retrain for a job that has potential for future employment.
- New Directions: Discover hundreds of potential careers that your background and skills fit perfectly. Better Jobs Ontario gives you a second chance!
- Career Guidance: Both public and private institutions offer excellent training for careers but how will you know what job is right for you? Browse the career listings then discuss your options with a school nearest you.
- A Fresh Start: It’s not uncommon to switch careers nowadays. It gives us a chance to learn something new, try out a different field and stay excited about our work!
- Support: Better Jobs Ontario is not a loan. It’s money that the Ontario government is giving away to people who have been negatively impacted
* Second Career is only available to those who qualify. Ask the school which Employment Ontario assessment centre is nearest for your full evaluation of this opportunity.